Phone Number: 618-228-7245
Welcome to Aviston Elementary!
I have been teaching Kindergarten at Aviston Elementary since 2005. Wow! How times flies! I have loved every minute of teaching here! I am always extremely excited to work with a new set of students and be a part of their educational success. I love to see their proud faces when they realize that they are learning and becoming independent readers and writers! It is an awesome process to observe and experience through each one of them!
I am married to Scott Kauling. We live in Carlyle. We have a son, Clark, who was born on January 7, 2015. He makes our lives so much fun! We, also, have one German Shorthair Pointer and Shitzu.
I began teaching after graduating from SIU- Edwardsville in 1991 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education. I earned my Master’s Degree in Education with a Reading Endorsement from McKendree University in 2012.
My previous teaching experience includes:
- – Teaching 1st Grade for 8 years in the Normandy School District, St. Louis, MO
- – A 2nd Grade Intern for 1 year in the Clayton School District, Clayton, MO
- – A Para-Educator for 2 years in the St. Louis County Special School District, St. Louis, MO (assigned to Mehlville School District)
- – Kindergarten Aide/Title 1 Substitute for 1 year in the Breese School District, Breese, IL
- – Taught 3rd and 4th Grade at St. Ann’s Catholic School in Nashville, IL